A three day week in Hong Kong because of Easter and Tomb-Sweeping Day.
I had one Chinese lesson with a teacher on Italki during the week. It was the first in a few months.
Realtime audio transcription
Worked a bit on the browser side of my project. I wanted to show a waveform while the user was speaking. Found an example using an AnalyserNode on MDN which I used as a starting point. Especially getting a buffer of time domain data was much easier than I thought. I can probably use the same technique for creating a data buffer which I’ll send to the server for transcription as well.
Take a look at the result here:
The source is available in my Github.
Some links I saved during the week:
- Frida, a python library for injecting code into native application – reverse engineering APIs etc.
- Deprocrastination, an article about how to avoid distractions and procrastination.
- China’s digital currency, a deep-dive into the digital currency China is developing.
- Offline Algorithms in Low-Frequency Trading, an article I haven’t yet read. My next project will probably involve trading in some way and slow trading is more interesting to me than high frequency where you have to worry about fees etc.
- Leet Resumes blog, I helped my brother put together a new CV this weekend and I found this website. Should update my own CV as well.